We (Swift Business Solutions Ltd) are committed to protecting your privacy. We recognise our responsibility to keep confidential at all times any information about you which we acquire. We protect your personal information to a high standard. Please note however that our responsibility is necessarily limited to protection by us of information which we obtain.
Collection of information
To enable us to process an application or query we will typically acquire information which includes your name, your e-mail and business addresses, and other relevant business details
Use and disclosure of Information
We use the personal data that you provide us with to set up and administer your account, process your order for our products or services and to ensure that any goods ordered are delivered to the address specified. We may pass your personal data to carefully selected partners (third parties) for the purpose of processing your enquiry or order.
We may use and share information with other members of our company to help us and them:
- Assess financial and insurance risks
- Recover debt
- Prevent and detect crime
- Understand our customers’ requirements
- Develop and test products and services
Where appropriate, personal information may be disclosed to meet legal requirements, to regulatory or other government bodies or third parties where necessary or desirable to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
Access to personal information is restricted to Swift employees, trusted commercial partners and contractors who need to know the information in order to operate, develop or improve our products and services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including dismissal and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
If we have supplied you with a username and password to enable you to use our services it is your responsibility to ensure that they and your user details remain secure.
This information is used for internal review and improvement purposes. It is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
Under the new Data Protection Law starting in May 2018 Swift Business Solutions Ltd have a number of lawful reasons that we can use (or 'process') your personal information. For B2B accounts one of the lawful reasons is called 'legitimate interests'.
Broadly speaking ‘Legitimate Interests’ means that Swift Business Solutions Ltd can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
So, what does this mean? When you provide your personal details to us we use your information for our legitimate business interests to carry out our work of servicing businesses throughout our territory. Before doing this, though, Swift Business Solutions Ltd will also carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
Some typical examples of when we might use the approach are for preventing fraud, direct marketing, maintaining the security of our systems, data analytics, enhancing, modifying or improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our campaigns and sales.
We will process the personal information you have supplied to us to conduct and manage our business to enable us to give you the most appropriate marketing, information, service and products and provide the best and most secure experience. These are what we consider to be our 'Legitimate Interests'.
The following are some examples of when and why we would use this approach in our work:
- Marketing: We will make best effort to ensure our marketing is tailored and relevant for you where-ever we deem you to be in the sales cycle.
- Process Orders: In order for us to process an order, payment has to be taken and contact information collected, such as name, delivery address and telephone number, provided. Both the buyer and seller would need to record the transaction.
- Your best interest: Processing your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
- Personalisation: Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers and prospects.
- Analytics: To process your personal information for the purposes of customer analysis, assessment, profiling and marketing, on a personalised or aggregated basis, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information if this does not harm any of your rights and interests.
- Research: To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising and to develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you.
- Due Diligence: Swift Business Solutions Ltd may need to conduct investigations on supporters, potential customers and business partners to determine if those companies and individuals have been involved or convicted of offences such as fraud, bribery and corruption.
We will also hold information about you so that we can respect your preferences for being contacted by us.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under Data Protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Remember, you can change the way you hear from us or withdraw your permission for us to process your personal details at any time by using our contact form on the 'Contact Us' page or by using our online Preference Centre.
Last amended: May 2018